The blog

The blog—informal opinions and chat about the parish

Monday, July 6, 2015

Commenting on Posts

As I point out in the "How to Blog" box at the right, responses to posts here will be moderated. Watching over this blog is not my full-time job, so I may not see things you post for a day or so, but I do want a positive, helpful conversation on this page. Some posts, however, will not make the cut:
  • Responses that are attempting to sell something.
  • Responses that contain abusive or inflammatory language.
  • Responses that are attempting to pick a fight.
  • Responses that are really off-topic. (If it's a good one, I might copy your material start a new thread, giving you credit.)
If I do not choose to publish your comment, it is not because I am a coward; it's because I want this Internet resource to reflect the nature of our congregation. People who want to start fights or sell things can always do so on Facebook.

By the way, one other category of responses that will not be published (and quite a number of these come in) is items entirely in Chinese.

No comments: